Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BRENZETT is a village, four miles from Appledore, and six miles from New Romney, The church of St. Eanswith is an old building. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The Rev. Edward Robert Nares, M.A., is the incumbent. The population in 1851 was 231.
Beard, John, grazier
Burgess, Miss Mary, grazier and farmer
Butler, Thomas, grazier and farmer
Copeling, John, grocer and draper
Cuthbert, John, blacksmith
Grist, Mrs. Elizabeth, miller
Grist, Thomas, butcher
Hook, William, grocer and draper-
Hiokman, John, carpenter
Ricks, Charles, national schoolmaster
West, Daniel, Fleur-de-Lis
Whitehead, Adolphus, wheelwright