London History and lots of Pub historical facts

Old Pack Horse, 434 High road, Chiswick

A London street directory at London 1919

Search the PUB HISTORY and London sites and much more

Women at the Wicket: A History of Women's Cricket in Interwar England. Written by Adam McKie

Capel, Tunbridge, Tunbridge Wells

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

Public Houses in Capel (& Tudeley)

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

CAPEL, or CAPLE, is a parish and village, three miles west from Maidstone junction station, and three miles S.E. from Tunbridge. The population in 1851 was 578. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Tudely. The church is dedicated to St. Thomas. Paddock Wood is a railway station at the junction with the Maidstone branch, 46 miles from London, and three, miles and a half N.E. from Capel.

Letters are received through Tunbridge, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.


TRADERS.
Abigal, S., farmer
Children, Richard, farmer
Cox, James, farmer
Crowhurst, Mrs. Catharine, farmer
Friend, William, beer retailer
Fry, Alexander, boot and shoe maker
Gearing Edward, blacksmith
Godding, Edward, farmer
Greyson, Jesse, farmer
Hartridge, John, butcher
Knell, Abraham, shopkeeper
Larking, Richard, beer retailer
Luxford, John, baker
Mercer, Lawrence, farmer
Monk, Robert, farmer
Platt, James, Kings Head
Playfoot, Mary, shopkeeper
Potter, George, boot maker
Shorter, John, master of national school
Southon, Stephen, farmer
Wells, Charles, tailor
Wheeler, John, farmer

See below for the date this page was last updated.

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 01:15:00 BST