London History and lots of Pub historical facts

Old Pack Horse, 434 High road, Chiswick

A London street directory at London 1919

Search the PUB HISTORY and London sites and much more

Women at the Wicket: A History of Women's Cricket in Interwar England. Written by Adam McKie

East Sutton, Hollingbourn, Maidstone

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


Sutton Valence, or Town Sutton, is six miles S.E. from Maidstone, and five miles N.E. from Staplehurst railway station. The population in 1851 was 1,090. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester, together with the curacy of the adjoining parish of East Sutton. The population of East Sutton, in 1851, was 383.
Chart next Sutton: here is an ancient parish church. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester, who are lay rectors ; the Rev. W. A. Vaughan, M.A., is the vicar. The population of Chart Sutton, in 1851,
was 669.

GENTRY.

Filmer, Sir Edmund, Bart., East Sutton Place
Key, Rev, M., M.A.

TRADERS.
Bentley, Richard, farmer
Boorman, Thomas, farmer
Boucher, John, miller
Boucher, Thomas, farmer and hop planter
Day, Edward, farmer
Hadley, William, farmer
Long, William, and Son, farmers
Paine, William and Henry, farmers
Taylor, John, blacksmith

See below for the date this page was last updated.

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 14:48:58 BST