Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ELMSTONE is a small parish two miles west from Wingham, and five north of Sandwich, in the lathe of St. Augustine, Preston hundred, and Eastry union, East Kent. The church is a small building. The living is a rectory in the gift of W. Delmar, Esq. The Rev. W. B. Delmar, M.A., incumbent. The population in 1851 was 66.
Letters through Wingham, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Delmar, Rev. W. B.
Brooks, Michael, farmer
Cook, William, farmer
Prior, John B., blacksmith
Lewis, Thomas, farmer