London History and lots of Pub historical facts

Old Pack Horse, 434 High road, Chiswick

A London street directory at London 1919

Search the PUB HISTORY and London sites and much more

Women at the Wicket: A History of Women's Cricket in Interwar England. Written by Adam McKie

Goodnestone next Wingham, Eastry, Thanet with Dover

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


GOODNESTONE is a village, eight miles east from Canterbury, and six miles S.W, from Sandwich; The church of the Holy Cross is a handsome edifice. The living is in the patronage of Sir. B. W. Bridges, Bart. The population in 1851 was 392. Bannington is half a mile S.W.; Bowling, one mile east.

POST-OFFICE. - Stephen Castle, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office is at Wingham.

GENTRY.
Bridges,Sir B.W.,Bart.,M.P.,Goodnestone Park | D'Aeth, Narborough Hughes, Esq.

TRADERS.
Bassett, William, shoemaker
Bushel], John, fanner
Dawson, Richard, farmer
How, James, farmer and butcher
Hatcher, George, maltster
Hutson, Henry, blacksmith
Minter, Thomas, farmer
Mount, David, shopkeeper
Mount, Robert, saddler
Page, Daniel, farmer
Pidduck, William, farmer
Ratcliife, Charles, farmer
Ratcliffe, James, farmer
Raymer, William, Bridge's Arms

See below for the date this page was last updated.

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 15:26:22 BST