Many accurate 1921 census transcriptions have already been added to the pub history site, including London, and parts of Middlesex.
The address is at 54 Blackheath Hill in the 1862 directory, prior to street renumbering. * Prince of Wales, 47 Blackheath Hill (address at date of closure) - closed about 1910, and was demolished about 1912. **
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Greenwich, Londo.
Residents at this address.
1805/T Roberts, Prince of Wales, South end, Blackheath/../../Holdens Directory
1858/Richard Silverthorn/../../../Melvilles Directory
1862/Richard Silverthorn/beer retailer/../../Kelly's Directory *
1871/Thomas Wilkins/Beer House Keeper/36/Wellington, Devon/Census
1871/Esther Wilkins/Wife/25/Tunton, Norfolk/Census
Kentish Independent 14 February 1874 - Transfer of licences :
Prince of Wales, Greenwich, from Thomas Wilkins to William Lewis Underwood
1881/James Hislop/Beer House Keeper/22/Woolwich, Kent/Census
1881/Lillian Hislop/Wife/23/Hackney, Middlesex/Census
1881/William Car/Potman/18/Isle Of Dogs, Essex/Census
Greenwich and Deptford Observer 14 January 1882 - Transfer of Licences :
Prince of Wales from William Crampton to Joseph Charles Tinslay
1891/Betsey S Day/Wife/53/Wandsworth/Census
Kentish Mercury 12 May 1893
Prince of Wales, from Edward Sophia Perry to David Mumford
1896/Mrs Mary Walter/beer retailer/../../Kelly's Directory *
* Provided By Ewan
** Provided By David Whittaker