Pub history and 2000 years of London

Search over 2000 years of London, historical London streets and pub history - updated daily

Hackington, Blean, Canterbury with Swale

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


HACKINGTON, commonly called ST. STEPHEN'S, is a parish, about half a mile from Canterbury. The church is an ancient edifice, in the form of a cross. Near the churchyard is a fine mansion, erected in 1768, by Sir Edward Hales.

GENTRY.

Baker, Mrs. Mary
Brodstreet, Miss S. L. .
Gammon, Mrs. S., Bridge House Plumptre, Miss
Hales, Mrs. F.
Howley, Major
Pemell, Peter, Esq
White, Rev. John, M.A., Vicar

TRADERS.

Austen, Edward, Beverly Arms
Bedwell, Thomas, farmer
Clements, W., coach proprietor
Smith John, carpenter
Wood, James, farmer

Search for a pub, an address or person

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 15:59:35 BST