Sun, Ebury street

London historical street directory and pub history

There is now an amazing, NEW, and complete, historical London street directory for 1832 and 1842 and more

Hoo St. Mary's, Hoo, Medway

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


ST. MARY'S, or HOO ST. MARY'S, is a village, eight miles N.E. of Rochester, and 11 east of Gravesend. The population in 1851 was 320. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The living is a rectory, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. Robert G. Burt, M.A. Cervice is half a mile N.E.; Barn Street, one mile east; Hoppers, half a mile S.E.;
Fen Street, one mile S.W.

Letters received through Rochester, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.

Burt, Rev. Robert Gascoyne, M.A., Rector.

TRADERS.

Allen, Robert, farmer
Baldock, George, farmer
Blackeder, Thomas W., farmer
Castle, John, Blue Bell
Elliott, John, shopkeeper
Miller, Charles, blacksmith
Nokes, Abraham, shopkeeper
Pye, Henry, farmer
Wood, George, farmer

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 16:28:58 BST