Pub history and historical street directories

This is now an updated and complete, historical London street directory for 1832 and 1842 and more

Search for a pub, an address or person

Ivychurch, Romney Marsh, Ashford with Shepway

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


IVY CHURCH is a village, three miles north from New Romney, and eight from Ashford. The population in 1851 was 264. The church is dedicated to St. George. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. Thomas James Boys, M.A., curate.

Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.

GENTRY.

Boys, Rev. T. James, .M.A., Rectory
Giles, Samuel, Esq.
Giles, Thomas, Esq.


TRADERS.

Bates, Isaac, grazier and farmer
Butler, Thomas, grazier and farmer
Butler, Thomas, farmer
Cobb, Thomas, grazier and farmer
Edward, John, Bell Hotel
Harmer, George, wheelwright and machine maker
Kingsnorth, Henry, farmer
Palmer, Henry, shopkeeper and farmer
Sacre, Joseph, parish clerk
Wood, Samuel, engineer

Search for a pub, an address or person

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 16:48:20 BST