UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

Search the historical London street directory and pub history site by surname, street or pub name; you will find many obscure early street addresses in London through the Victorian pub history of London and early parish and licensing records on this site. Most records are before 1944 plus some modern detail, and lots of pictures.

Kingston, Bridge, Canterbury with Swale

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

KINGSTON is the next parish eastward from Bishopsbourne, and is five
miles S.E. from Canterbury, and 86 miles from London. The church is
dedicated to St Giles, and consists of one aisle and chancel, being small and,
neat. The living is a rectory, and the Rev. Philip George Bartlett is the
incumbent. The population in 1851 was 310. Elmstone is half-a-mile
east; Charlton Park, one mile N.W.; Telden, one mile N.E.; Digg's Place,
half-a-mile S.E.; Heart's Delight, one mile south.

Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.

Public Houses in Kingston

GENTRY.
Bartlett, Rev. Philip George
Stephenson, Ernest, Esq.

TRADERS.
Beer, William, carpenter
Coltham, James, Black Robin
Ford, Edward, shopkeeper Bobbins, John, farmer
Hooper, John, farmer
Kelsey, George, farmer
Newport, William, fruiterer
Philpot, Stephen, Dog, and Blacksmith
Smith, George, farmer
White, Thomas, miller


And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 16:56:41 BST