UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

Search the historical London street directory and pub history site by surname, street or pub name

Preston, Faversham, Canterbury with Swale

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

PRESTON adjoins Faversham on the south. The living is a vicarage in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is dedicated to St. Catherine. Brents Town is a hamlet on the opposite bank of the creek; Ewell is one mile east; Marnade half a mile east; Westwood three-quarters of a mile S.E ; Copton one mile S.E.; Perrycourt quarter of a mile south ; Brogdale three quarters of a mile south ; White Hill one mile south; Bysing Wood one mile west; Sindall one mile west; Judd's Hill half a mile west; Hemstead Fostal two-miles S,W;.; Painters Postal.two miles S.W.;
Elverland three miles' S.W.; Scooks three miles and a quarter S.W. Stone, one mile and a half west, is a parish with a population of 86. The church is in ruins.


And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 17:56:02 BST