Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
SIBERTSWOLD, or SHEPHERDSWELL, is a parish, six miles N.W. of Dover, with a population, in 1851, of 422. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew, and is a small building. The living is a vicarage, united to that of Coldred, in the gift of the Archbishop. The Rev. Frederick Scott, M.A., is the incumbent. Butter Street is a quarter of a mile north; Green Street, half a mile S.W.; West Court, one mile west; Woolwich, two miles N.W.; Upton Wood, half a mile south.
Letters are received through Dover, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Potter, Robert, Esq.
SScott, Rev. Frederick, M.A., vicar
Andrews, Stephen, miller
Coppin, Richard, wheelwright
Fox, Joseph, Bricklayers' Arms
Fox, William, farmer
Fox, Michael, parish clerk
Friend, Robert and Thomas, farmers
Hammond, William, farmer, Upton Court
Higgins, William, farmer
Iggulden, James and Thomas, farmers
Jacobs, John, farmer
Marsh, Edward, bootmaker
Pilcher, Mrs. Sarah, shopkeeper
Sladden, Henry, carrier
Smith, John, shopkeeper
Webb, Charles, bricklayer