Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ST. MARY, is a parish, two miles and a half north of New Romney. The population in 1851 was 119. The church is a neat building, dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Crown. The Rev. Henry S. Mackarness is the incumbent.
Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Chittenden, James, jun.
Finn, Stephen, farmer
Lester, Henry, Star