A London street directory and UK Pub history research

Search the London street directory and pub history site by surname, address or pub name

West Hythe, Romney Marsh, Ashford with Shepway

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.

WEST HYTHE is a small parish, two miles and a half west from Hythe, eight miles east of Folkestone, and 14 miles from Dover. The church has long been in ruins. It is a vicarage, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The population in 1851 was 178.

Letters received through Hythe, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.

TRADERS.

Cobb, Benjamin, farmer
Jones and Nower, farmers
Piddock, Mrs. Jane, Botolph's Bridge
Stickles, Charles, Carpenters' Arms


And Last updated on: Saturday, 18-Apr-2015 17:47:22 BST