Bethnal Green pub history index
This pub was rebuilt after the Second World War as part of a new housing development, and took the new address at 1 Teale Street – Gloucester Place is now called Kay Street. The pub closed during the 1990s and is now in use as a nursery school. **
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Bethnal Green, Middlesex - now in East London. The Bethnal Green, East London listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Prince of Wales, 24 Gloucester Place, E2 - in March 2013
Kindly provided by Stephen Harris
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1871/James Garnham/Beer Retailer/36/Capel St Andrews, Suffolk/Census ****
1871/Annie Garnham/Wife/36/Ponegor, Montgomeryshire, North Wales/Census
1871/Maggie M Garnham/Daughter/4/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census
1871/Kate A Garnham/Daughter/1/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census
1872/J Garnham/../../../Brabner’s Hackney Directory **
** Provided By Stephen Harris
**** Provided By Kevan
See below for the date this page was last updated.