Engineers Arms, 108 Wandsworth Road, Lambeth SW8

Lambeth pub history index

The address is 128 Wandsworth Road in 1875 and until at least 1905, but at 108 Wandsworth Road by the 1911 census and thereafter. Named in 1881 and also in 1911 census. Later known as Stockers and finally as Flash Bar. Was trading by 2007 but had closed by 2013 and has since been demolished. *

A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.

Residents at this address

South London Press 27 March 1875 - Licenses for the consumption of liquors on the premises were grantrd:
John William White, license for wine on at the Engineers Arms, 128 Wandsworth road

South London Press 27 March 1875 - The following were refused new victuallers licenses:
John William White, the Engineers Arms, 128 Wandsworth road

1878/John William White/Beer Retailer/../../Surrey Directory

1881/John White/Publican/29/Keswick, Cumberland/Census
1881/Fanny White/Wife/35/Switzerland/Census
1881/Arthur J White/Son/4/Weston Super Mare, Somerset/Census
1881/Percy Bird/Barman/27/St Pancras, Middlesex/Census
1881/William Daniels/Potman/23/Kingswood, Gloucester/Census

1905/Walter Fk Warren/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1919/Percy Wm Barnes/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1921/Percy Wm Barnes/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1934/Edward Copley/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1942/Georgw W Downing/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1944/W Geo Downing & Geo D Gibson/Beer Retailer/../../../Post Office Directory

1947 - 54/W G Downing, Engineers Arms, 108 Wandsworth Road SW8/../../BT Telephone Directory [MACaulay 4458]

* Provided By Tris

© 2023 . All rights reserved.
And Last updated on: Tuesday, 08-Mar-2022 17:31:26 GMT