Lambeth pub history index
The latter day address would be Westminster Bridge Road, but long gone before this street name change.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.
Residents at this address
1809/J Holderness, the Rose, Bridge road, Lambeth/../../Holdens Directory
1825/William Jefferys/../../../Victuallers Recognizance *
1839/John Lloyd/../../../Pigots Directory
1841/John Lloyd/../../../Post Office Directory
1841/Jn H Watchorn/Victualler/40/../Census
1841/John H Watchorn/../3/Surrey/Census
1841/Clara Watchorn/../6 months/Surrey/Census
1841/Susan Mumford/Female Servant/30//Census
1841/Elizabeth Causton/Female Servant/20//Census
1841/Martha Rutledge/Female Servant/15/Surrey/Census
1841/Philip Coxhead/Male Servant/20/Surrey/Census
1841/William Goosey/Male Servant/20/Surrey/Census
1841/William Smith/Male Servant/25/Surrey/Census
1841/James King/Male Servant/35/Surrey/Census
Just to confuse matters, John Watchorn is at the New Dover Castle by 1843, which was previously the Red Lion close to the Rose.
1842/William Glover/../../../Hobsons Directory
* Provided By Ewan