Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
The address is 74 Bridport Place in 1856, prior to street renumbering. * The Carvers Arms, is named in the 1881 census and also in the 1895 commercial gazette. The building is at the junction with Wiltshire row. By 1907 it had changed usage to the Claude Elliott Lads club which was demolished in the 1920s. ***
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Shoreditch, East London.
Lads club, corner of Bridport place and Wiltshire row
Kindly provided by Charlie Goodwin
Residents at this address.
1856/William Henry Kettle/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1869/Thomas Watts/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1881/Thomas Watts/Beer Seller/62/Lambourn, Berkshire/Census
1881/Eliza Watts/Wife/57/Wick, Somerset/Census
1881/John Bird/Lodger, Labourer/36/Hoxton, Middlesex/Census
1882/Thomas Watts/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1891/Tom John Paine/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1895/Henry Macaire/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1899/George Passmore/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1901/George Passmore/Beer Rtailer/34/Crediton, Devon/Census
1901/Annie Passmore/Wife/33/Sandford, Devon/Census
1901/George Passmore/Son/13/Sandford, Devon/Census
1901/Albert Passmore/Son/8/Edmonton, Middlesex/Census
1901/Edward Passmore/Son/6/Homerton, London/Census
1901/Wallace Passmore/Son/4/Homerton, London/Census
* Provided By Ewan
*** Provided By Charles Goodwin