Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Tynemouth pub history index
This pub was called the Shipwrights Arms until at least 1858. It closed in 1924 and was demolished soon afterwards. **
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Tynemouth, Northumberland. The Tynemouth, Northumberland listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1827/[Shipwrights Arms] William Stephenson/../../../White’s Directory **
1828/[Shipwrights Arms] Wm. Stephenson/../../../Pigot’s Directory 1828/29 **
1855/[Shipwrights Arms] Ralph Elstob/../../../Slater’s Directory **
1858/[Shipwrights Arms] Mrs Elizabeth Elstob/../../../Kelly’s Directory **
1894/Charles Fenwick/../../../Kelly’s Directory **
1914/Christopher Carr/../../../Kelly’s Directory **
** Provided By Stephen Harris
**** Provided By Kevan