Oxford pub history index
This pub was present by 1803 and closed in the late-1870s. It is now demolished. On closure, the licence transferred to a new Black Swan at 11 Crown Street. **
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Oxfordshire. The Oxfordshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1839/Edward Newman/../../../Robsonís Commercial Directory **
1842/Edward Newman/../../../Pigotís Directory **
1844/Edward Newman/../../../Pigotís Directory **
1846/Edward Newman/../../../Huntís Directory **
1852/Edw. Newman/../../../Gardnerís Directory **
1854/James Bennett/../../../Post Office Directory **
1876/W West/../../../Harrod & Coís Directory **
** Provided By Stephen Harris
**** Provided By Kevan