The Search engine is only on the NEW London 1832 street directory
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Oxfordshire. The Oxfordshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
Sarsden 1863 Dutton, Allen & Co Directory listing
SARSDEN is a somewhat scattered parish in the hundred of Chadlington; the
village is situate on the banks of the Evenlode, 3 1/4 miles S.W. from
Chipping Norton, and 78 from London. The church is a small ancient edifice;
the living is a rectory, value £270 in the deanery of Chipping Norton, and
patronage of the lord of the manor, James Haughton Langston, Esq., M.P., of
Sarsden House. In 1861 the parish contained 166 inhabitants.
Barter Rev Charles, MA, Rectory
Langton James Haughton esq, MP, Sarsden house
Andrews Henry, agent to J. H. Langston, esq. Sarsden cottage
Cox Isaac, carpenter
Freeman John, farmer
Greenshield John, gardener
Hooper John, farm bailiff
Lambert Samuel, farm bailiff, Lodge farm
Townsend William, farm bailiff
Letters through Chipping Morton.
**** Provided By Kevan