UK and London history, mostly pubs

The Search engine is only on the NEW London 1832 street directory

Shutford, Oxfordshire 1863 Directory

Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Oxfordshire. The Oxfordshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.

The following entries are in this format:

Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

Shutford 1863 Dutton, Allen & Co Directory listing

SHUTFORD, East and West, are villages in the parish of Swalcliffe, and hundred and union of Banbury, distant from the latter 5 miles W., and 25 N.W. from Oxford. The Chapel of Ease is a small edifice in tolerable repair, and dedicated to St Martin. On the interior walls may be traced remains of early paintings; the Rev. Tape is curate. In the village is also a small chapel for Wesleyans. East Shutford, comprising 409 acres, and a population of 26, is a chapelry to Swalcliffe, and West Shutford, containing near 900 acres, with 360 population, is a township of the same.

Tape Rev, curate

TRADERS.
Bennett William, farmer
Coles William, carrier
Cross Geo, beer retailer & grocer
Cross William, parish clerk
Dean John, shoemaker
Gibbs William, stonemason
Gibbs Samuel, stonemason
Hitchcox William, farmer
Horwood Hudson, white leather dresser
Miller William, farmer
Mills Henry, carrier
Nicholls John, George & Dragon
O'Donhoe Martin, inland revenue officer
Perkins Thomas, baker
Savage William, carpenter and wheelwright
Stuart John, farmer, baker, and grocer
Taylor Martha (Mrs), farmer
Taylor John, farmer
Taylor Thomas, carpenter
Taylor Thomas, farmer
Trevor Thomas, farmer
Walker John, blacksmith
Wrench Wm., worsted & mohair plush manufacturer

Letters through Banbury


**** Provided By Kevan

And Last updated on: Wednesday, 29-Mar-2017 23:15:41 BST