Search the London street directory and pub history site by surname, address or pub name
Wincanton pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Somerset. The Somerset listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
On Bayford Hill or Conduit Hill.
In 1848, or near that time, opened by George Green, a carpenter, by the name of " The Rising Sun," and kept by him until his death, continued by his widow. The present house was built by Isaac March. It has had many tenants, and is now kept by G. R. Sweetman. - Inns of the Parish to 1903 - George Sweetman.
1871/Thomas Lye/Inn Keeper/40/Weston Bampfylde, Somerset/Census ****
1871/Martha Lye/Wife/41/Horsington, Somerset/Census
**** Provided By Kevan