Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Post Office directory in 1865
Ampton in Kellys 1879 Directory.
Ampton is a parish and village 4� miles north from Bury St Edmunds in the western division of the County; in the Thedwestry Hundred.
The church of St Peter is a Gothic building, the register dates from 1562.
Parish clerk, Henry Harvey
Post office, Frederick Vince
Endowed school for 10 poor boys, Frederick Vince, master
Rodwell Benjamin Bridges Hunter MP, QC, DL, JP, Ampton Hall
Stuart Rev jas Hillman MA [rector]
Goymer John, farm bailiff to B B H Rodwell esq
Sayer Frederick, carpenter
Smith John, painter