Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Post Office directory in 1865
Aspall in Kellys 1879 Directory.
Aspall is a village and parish 13 miles north east from Haughley junction, 15 miles north from Ipswich, 1 mile north west from Debenham and 6 miles south of Rye, in the Western division of the county, Hartismere Hundred.
The church (dedication unknown), erected in the fifteenth century, is a structure of rubble, restored in 1858.
The register dates from 1558.
Parish Clerk, Robert Blomfield
National School, Miss Bendall, mistress
Chevalier Rev Charles Henry MA, JP [rector], Aspall Hall
Roberts Oscar Wilson, Swiss Cottage; & Field House, Clent, Stourbridge
Capon John, farmer, Hill house
Palmer Joseph, farmer, Red house
Radford Thomas FRCS, LSA, surgeon & private lunatic asylum, vaccination officer etc, Glebe house
Peck Robert, farm bailiff to the Rev C H Chevalier
Rowland George, farmer, Aspall house