Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Barham public houses
Barham in Kellys 1879 Directory.
Barham is a parish and widely scattered village 1 mile east from Claydon station, 74 miles from London and 5 north west from Ipswich, in the Eastern division of the county, Bosmere Hundred.
The church of St Mary is a large building. The register dates from 1538. The workhouse for the Union stands in this parish.
Barham Green is 1 mile north east
Parish Clerk, Thomas Smith
Lady Broke-Middleton's School, Miss Swan, mistress
Carrier to Ipswich - Burch
Broke-Middleton Admiral Sir George Nathaniel bart, CB, DL, JP, Shrubland Hall
Ledger Rev Edmund MA [rector]
Philipps Major Charles Burch JP
Allard William, tailor
Barfield William, hurdle maker
Barnard Harry, farmer
Borley William Decimus, farmer
Bridges John, beer retailer & shoe maker
Fulcher Mary (Miss), dress maker
Green W, Sorrel Horse & farmer
Jowlett John, farmer
Leech Joseph, shopkeeper
Norman Thomas, farmer
Steward George, farmer
Steward Elisha, hay dealer
Ward John, pork butcher
Wood William, farmer