Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Baylham in Kellys 1879 Directory.
Baylham is a parish and village 2� miles north west from Claydon station, 75 from London, 3 east from Needham Market, and 1 mile west from thenavigable river Gipping, in the eastern division of the county, Bosmere Hundred.
The church of St Peter is a Gothic structure, restored in 1870. The register dates from about 1600.
Parish Clerk, George Rush.
National School, Miss Knights, mistress
Carrier to Ipswich, Young, also Rosher
Downes Rev Wm Edward MA [rector]
Baker Charles james, miller
Barton John, farmer, Stone farm
Dedman John, grocer & bricklayer
Edwards Jane (Mrs), farmer
Gooding Richard, shoe maker
Maples John, farmer
Mayhew John, farmer
Mount John Woodward, farmer
Potter Eliza (Mrs), blacksmith & wheelwright
Seager William, farm bailiff to Joseph Watkins esq
Skippings George, farmer
Stewart Robert, farmer
Wilson William, farmer, The Hall