Many accurate 1921 census transcriptions have already been added to the pub history site, including London, and parts of Middlesex.
Belton in Kellys 1879 Directory.
Belton is a parish and village in a valley on the banks of the navigable Waveney, with a station on the East Suffolk railway, 4� miles south west from Yarmouth and 8 north west from Lowestoft, in the eastern division of the county, Mutford and Lothingland Hundred.
The church of All Saints is an old building. The register dates from 1560, which records the plague that raged here in 1665; this disease must have spread from Yarmouth, where in the previous year, 2,500 persons fell victim, including both ministers of the Yarmouth church.
Browston is a hamlet 1 mile south east.
Parish Clerk, Robert Pole.
Post Office, Robert Morris.
National School, built in 1860, Miss Frances B Hemming, mistress.
Railway Station, John Reeve, station master.
Adams Rev Benjamin BA [curate]
Brown Miss, Browston Hall
Harvey Mrs, Elm Grove
Howes Rev Thomas George Francis MA, Rectory
Bear Samuel, threshing machine proprietor, Browston
Beare Robert, butcher & market gardener
Beckett Edward jun, market gardener
Brooks James, wheelwright
Claxton David, farmer
Claxton Geo, beer retailer & market gardener
Hales George, pig dealer
Kimpton Joseph, Kings Head
Larkman Robert, farmer, Belton Hall
Leggett William, market gardener
Pole Robert, market gardener
Reynolds William, market gardener
Roberts Thomas, wheelwright
Saunders Emma Elizh (Miss), shopkeeper
Skipper Daniel, market gardener
Stannard Edward, landowner & farmer, Hall farm, Browston
Thurtje Robert, farmer
Welton Frederick, blacksmith