Many accurate 1921 census transcriptions have already been added to the pub history site, including London, and parts of Middlesex.
Blaxhall Public Houses & Blaxhall in
Blaxhall in the 1879 Kellys Directory
Blaxhall is a village and parish 2 miles south from the Alde navigation, 5 south south west from Saxmundham, 6 west from Aldborough and 8� north east from Woodbridge, in the Eastern division, Plomesgate hundred and union.
The church of St Peter is a brick building, with stone tower containg 5 bells, completely restored in 1863.
The register commences in 1673. The population in 1871 was 546.
Parish clerk, Henry Shemmen.
Post Office, William Gray
Here is a Free school under government, erected and supported by John George Sheppard esq, for 120 boys & girls; Miss Sarah Garnham, mistress.
Carrier - Knight, to Woodbridge.
Bates Rev Alfred Naunton M.A. Rectory
Rope George, Blaxhall grove
Abbott Charles, Ship
Ashwell John, farmer
Bye James, shopkeeper
Clark John, cooper
Cunnell Thomas, blacksmith
Dykes Edward, miller
Gibson John, shoe maker & shopkeeper
Gray Wm, shopkeeper & post office
Ling Frederick, farmer, Blaxhall hall
Ling Jones, shoe maker
Miller Fredk, farmer, Fir Tree farm
Minter William, grocer & draper
Newson Banjamin, boot & shoe maker
Randall Burton, thatcher
Read Henry, farmer, Red house
Reeve William, wheelwright
Rope George, farmer & landowner, Blaxhall grove
Smith John brook, farmer, Lime Tree farm
Smith William, sheep dresser
Toller James, farmer, Stone farm
Wadley Charles, farmer