Many accurate 1921 census transcriptions have already been added to the pub history site, including London, and parts of Middlesex.

Ilketshall St Lawrence, Suffolk Villages & Towns - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z

Ilketshall Public Houses

ILKETSHALL ST. LAWRENCE, comprises several scattered houses near the church, on the Halesworth road, 3 miles S.S.E. of Bungay, and the hamlet of St. Lawrence Green, 1 1/2 miles S. of the church. Its parish contains 221 souls, and 988 acres of land. It is mostly in Sir W. W. Dallinsg's manor of Bardolph, but the soil belongs to the Rev. J. Day, Sir E. Kerrison, Col. Bence, Lady Beresford, William. Adair, Esq., the Rev. R. A. Arnold, and a few smaller owners. The Church (St. Lawrence) is a small structure, and the benefice is a perpetual curacy, valued in 1835 at 47. The Rev. J. Day, of Hethersett, Norfolk, is patron and impropriator, and the Rev. James Culling Safford, of Mettingham, is the incumbent. It was appropriated to the nuns of Bungay. Part of a large ancient Hall is divided into small tenements, and the remainder was taken down many years ago.
Those marked + are on the Green.
Bedingfield James, parish clerk
+ Day John, shoemaker
+ Howard William, wheelwright
+ Morris James, joiner
+ Moulding William, corn miller & shopkeeper
+ Woolnough Rt. vict. & blacksmith, Royal Oak

FARMERS. (* are owners.)
Becket Robert
* Chandler Geo. • * *
* Dunnett Rd.
* Girling Thomas
Howard James
* Knights James
* Newham William
* Tye John
Walne George
Warner William, The Grove

And Last updated on: Thursday, 15-Dec-2022 23:56:28 GMT