UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

Search the historical London street directory and pub history site by surname, street or pub name

Ingham, Suffolk Villages & Towns - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z

Ingham, Blackbourn Hundred
Google maps of the Blackbourn Hundred show the following places:

View Larger Map

Ingham Public Houses

INGHAM in 1844, is a pleasant village on the Thetford road, 4 miles N. of Bury St. Edmund's, has in its parish 208 souls, and 1,808a. 3r. 27p. of land, nearly all the property and manor of the Rev. Edward Richard Benyon, M.A., of Culford Hall, who is also patron and incumbent of the Church, (St. Bartholomew) which is a rectory, valued in K.B. at 12 16s. 0d,, and in 1835 at 549, with those of Culford and Timworth annexed to it. Ingham was anciently held by a family of its own name, and was granted in the 31st of Henry VIII., to Sir Nicholas Bacon. It was sold, with other estates in this neighbourhood, by the last Marquis Cornwallis. The Poor's Land, given at an early period, by unknown donors, consists of 9a., let for 5 8s. per annum, which is distributed among the poor parishioners, together with the dividends of 100 South Sea Annuities, given by John Booty, in 1771. Directory-
Chas. Barfield, tailor and shopkeeper;
John William Cooper, farmer and land agent, Neville House;
Jas. Cotterell, victualler, Griffin;
George Foreman, shopkeeper;
John Goldsmith, shoemaker;
Rev. Abm. Peat, curate;
John Worlledge, Esq., (banker, &c. at Bury.)



And Last updated on: Wednesday, 29-Jun-2016 22:41:30 BST