Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z
Pettistree Public Houses
Petistree 1865 Post Office Directory
PETISTREE (or PETTISTREE) is a small village and parish, 81 miles from London, one mile south from Wickham Market, and 4 miles north-by-east from Woodbridge, in Wilford hundred, Woodbridge union and county court district, rural deanery of Wilford, archdeaconry of Suffolk, and diocese of Norwich, East Suffolk. The church of St. Peter and St. Paul is a small ancient structure, built of flints. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Lowdham, joint annual value �96 15s., in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held by the Rev. John Dufton, M.A., of Trinity College, Dublin. A charity of �5 yearly is given in bread to the deserving poor. The population in 1861 was 290; the parish contains 1,767 acres.
Parish Clerk, Charles Potter.
Letters through Wickham Market, which is also the nearest money order office
Allix Wager Townley, esq
Brook Mrs. Petistree lodge
Jones Rev. Daniel [Independent]
Johnson Robert, gardener
Mayhew Thomas Edgar, farmer
Page William, fanner
Plant William, farmer
Smith Wm. Greyhound, & carpenter
Starks John, Three Tuns & shopkeeper
Threndkell William, farmer
Tice Harriet (Mrs.), farmer
Walker William, farmer
Whitmore John, farmer