Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z
Google maps of Pettaugh in Thredling Hundred show the following places:
View Larger Map
Pettaugh Public Houses
Pettaugh 1865 Post Office Directory
PETTAUGH is a small parish, in Bosmere and Claydon union, Thrcdling hundred, county court district of Ipswich, rural deanery of Cleydon, archdeaconry of Suffolk, nnd diocese of Norwich, East Suffolk, 7 miles north-east from Needham Market station, 10 north from Ipswich, 3 from Debenham, 3 from Stonham, and 9 from Stowmarket. The church of St. Catherine is an ancient building, with nave, chancel, south porch, square tower, bell, and a clock, and capable of accommodating 120 persons. The living is a rectory, gross annual value £240, with residence, in the gift of George Josselyn, Esq., of Ipswich, and held by the Rev. John Kinsman Tucker, B.A., of St. Peter's College, Cambridge. John Tollemache, Esq., M.r., Lord Hennikcr, M.P., Rear-Admiral Sir George N. Broke Middleton, Bart., C.B., and O. Baker, Esq., are lords of the manors. The population in 1801 was 275, and the area is 794 acres. Parish Clerk, John Hails.
Letters through Stonham, which is the nearest money order office.
Tucker Rev. John Kinsman, B.A [rector]
Ama«s John, Bull
Cutting Philip, farmer
Cooper William, shopkeeper, wheelwright. blacksmith & miller
Davison James, farmer
Freeman Robert, farmer
Goodwin Amos, shoe maker
Hammond William, farmer
Mayhew James, farmer
Mayhew John (exors. of), farmer
Moore John, fanner
Peck John, shopkeeper