UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

Search the historical London street directory and pub history site by surname, street or pub name

Raydon, Suffolk Villages & Towns - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z

Google maps of Raydon in the Samford Hundred show the following places:

View Larger Map

Raydon Public Houses

Raydon 1841 census transcriptions & 1871 census


Raydon 1865 Post Office Directory

RAYDON is a parish, village, and railway station, in Samford union and hundred, Hadleigh county court district, rural deanery and archdeaconry of Suffolk, and diocese of Norwich, East Suffolk, on the Hadleigh railway, 67 miles from London, and 3 south-south-east from Hadleigh. The church of St. Mary is a plain building. The earliest register is of the date 1682. The living is a rectory, valued at 665, inclusive of 48 acres of glebe land; the Rev. James Wright Tomkin, M.A., of Wadham College. Oxford, is patron and incumbent. Mrs. C. Cripps is lady of the manor, and owner of a great part of the parish. The population in 1861 was 501, and the area is 2,335 acres.
Parish Clerk, Thomas Whent. Letters through Hadleigh at 9 a.m. 4c 6 p.m. which is also the nearest money order office
Railway Station, George Treadaway, station master

Tomkin Rev.James Wright, M.A.[rector]

COMMERCIAL.
Archer Joseph, blacksmith
Cook Henry, farmer
Daking Robert, corn miller
Prost John, farmer
Gosling Thomas, blacksmith
Hicks William, farmer & landowner
Hopes John, farmer
Hopes William, carpenter
Keeble Thomas, shopkeeper
Kersey William, fanner
King John, wheelwright
Lewis Joseph, Chequers
Nice Samuel, Fox
Rand William, farmer & butcher
Stiff George, shoe maker
Stubbin Elizabeth (Mrs.), farmer
Stubbin John, farmer
Welham John, farmer
Whitby William, farmer & landowner


And Last updated on: Saturday, 05-Nov-2016 18:31:28 GMT