Many accurate 1921 census transcriptions have already been added to the pub history site, including London, and parts of Middlesex.
Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z
Great Redisham public houses
REDISHAM, (GREAT) a small village, 4 1/2 miles S. by W. of Beccles, and 6
miles S.E. of Bungay, has in its parish 165 souls, and 733a. 2b. 21p. of land,
having a strong loamy soil, and rising in bold undulations. John Garden, Esq.,
is lord of the manor, but a great part of the soil belongs to the Earl of
Gosford, and several smaller owners. The copyholds are subject to arbitrary
fines. The Church (St. Peter) is a small fabric with a wooden belfry, and was
appropriated to Butley Priory. The Earl of Gosford is now impropriator and
patron, and receives a yearly modus of £ 100 in lieu of tithes, from the lands
which do not belong to him. The perpetual curacy, valued in 1835 at £50, is now
enjoyed by the Rev. Richard Aldous Arnold. The parish has £9 6s. 8d. yearly for
the support of a Sunday school, from Leman's charity, as noticed with Cratfield.
John Buxton, parish clerk;
Thomas Dugdale, shoemaker;
Thomas Gymer, blacksmith;
John Maplestone, land agent;
John Mills, joiner;
Edward Westrup, vict., Wig;
and Robert Gower, Michael Mahew, Stephen Sewell, Thomas Smith, (and cattle dealer,) and Robert Westrup, farmers.