UK Pub History and London

Search UK pub history, and London.

Duke’s Head (Hotel), Bridge Street, Walton on Thames, Surrey

Walton on Thames pub history index

This pub was established by 1792 and closed in December 1966. The original premises were demolished in 1970. A replacement Duke’s Head was built at Hepworth Way, and this pub in turn closed in 2005 and was demolished soon after. **

Hepworth Way was named after the world-famous Hepworth film studios and the old Duke's Head was pulled down for the new road -  Hepworth Way to be built. ***

Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Surrey . The Surrey listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.

The following entries are in this format:

Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

1855/Edwin Knevett/../../../Post Office Directory **

1878/William Gale/../../../Post Office Directory **

1881/William Gale/Hotel Keeper/47/Lowtrenchard, Devon/Census ****
1881/Sarah L Gale/Wife/58/Chard, Somerset/Census
1881/Sarah E Gale/Daughter/20/St James, Middlesex/Census
1881/William H Gale/Son/18/Surbiton, Surrey/Census
1881/John Gale/Brother, Ostler (Groom)/54/Lowtrenchard, Devon/Census
1881/Elizabeth Lutcher/Niece, Servant/22/Combe, Somerset/Census

1891/Wm. Gale/../../../Kelly’s Directory **

1913/Charles Davey/../../../Kelly’s Directory **

1918/William Edward Harvey/../../../Kelly’s Directory ****


** Provided By Stephen Harris

*** Provided By Paul Deacon

**** Provided By Kevan

And Last updated on: Saturday, 01-Apr-2017 16:53:47 BST