Queens Head, 1 Bridge Road, Weybridge, Surrey

Weybridge pub history index

This pub closed in May 2010 and is undergoing conversion to restaurant use.  **

Queens Head, 1 Bridge Road - in July 2010

Queens Head, 1 Bridge Road - in July 2010

Kindly provided by Stephen Harris

Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Surrey .

The following entries are in this format:

Residents at this address

1822/Richard Hayward/Queens Head/../../Petty Sessions

1826/Thomas Dawson/Queens Head/../../Petty Sessions

1855/Thomas Armstrong / & Brickmaker /../../Post Office Directory **

1878/Martha Marshall/../../../Post Office Directory of Surrey **

1881/John Capell/Publican/39/Westonbirt, Northampton/Census
1881/Annie Capell/Wife/34/Lenham, Kent/Census
1881/Walter John Capell/Son/10/Weybridge, Surrey/Census
1881/William Capell/Son/7/Weybridge, Surrey/Census
1881/Albert Edward Capell/Son/4/Walton, Surrey/Census
1881/Frank Ernest Capell/Son/1/Kent/Census
1881/Jane Filmer/Mother, Widow/74/Weybridge, Surrey/Census
1881/Alfred Smeeth/Potman/27/Weybridge, Surrey/Census
1881/William Chas Walkden/Lodger, Carpenter/41/Islington, Middlesex/Census
1881/John Thompson/Lodger, Carpenter/34/Torquay, Devon/Census
1881/Susan Thompson/Lodger/29/Torquay, Devon/Census

1887/Thomas Fladgate Harris / Owner /../../Records of Paine & Brettell, Solicitors of Chertsey, held at Surrey History Centre **

1891/John Capell/../../../Kellys Directory **

1891/John Capell/Publican/49/Weedon, Norethamptonshire/Census
1891/Annie Capell/Wife/43/Lanham, Kent/Census
1891/William Capell/Son/17/Weybridge, Surrey/Census
1891/Albert E Capell/Son/14/Walton on Thames, Surrey/Census
1891/Frank E Capell/Son/11/Walton on Thames, Surrey/Census
1891/William C Walkern/Lodger, Carpenter/51/Weybridge, Surrey/Census

The February 1892 Petty sessions lists the Queens Head. William Thomas Skilton is the current licensee; it is 1/4 mile from Newcastle Arms, and Mite, alehouses Head, alehouses

The 1903 Petty sessions lists the Queens Head, W C Houghton is the current licensee; it is 120 yards from the Lincoln Arms, 45 yards from Kings Arms, with 2 rooms and stabling for 11 horses

1913/William Redhouse/../../../Kellys Directory of Surrey **

1918/William Charles Houghton/../../../Kellys Directory of Surrey

** Provided By Stephen Harris

  • Email
  • TFL stations
  • And Last updated on: Tuesday, 21-Dec-2021 00:25:15 GMT